Pumpkin Soup with Goat Milk is the essence of Fall. This ultra-creamy bowl of goodness is sure to be a seasonal favorite.Continue reading
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup + 3 Tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons butter, softened
Blueberry Coffee Cake
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
- ¾ cup Summerhill Goat Milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons Summerhill Goat Milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make It
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a 9- inch springform pan by spraying with cooking spray. Set aside.
Make the Streusel
Combine all the streusel ingredients into a small bowl. Use your clean fingers, a fork, or a pastry blender to combine everything together until you have a thick crumb mixture. Set aside.
Make the Blueberry Coffee Cake
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, softened butter, goat milk, egg, baking powder, and salt. Stir together until everything is combined.
- Add the fresh blueberries and very gently stir into the coffee cake batter. Just gently stir in the blueberries until incorporated. Stirring too hard or too much will make the blueberries bleed color into the batter.
- Spread the coffee cake batter into the prepared springform pan. Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the top.
- Cook for 55-65 minutes. If the edges and top are getting too browned, loosely lay a piece of tin foil over the top to prevent over browning.
- The cake will be puffed up and a toothpick inserted in the middle should come out with dry crumbs NOT wet batter.
- Allow the cake to cool for 20 minutes. Loosen the edges of the cake from the pan with a butter knife and then remove the sides of the springform pan.
Make the Glaze
- Combine all glaze ingredients in a small bowl and mix together. Add more or less milk until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle the glaze over coffee cake.
- You can serve this coffee cake warm OR let it cool to room temperature and serve. Store leftovers in a covered container at room temperature.