Kick off the New Year with this healthy and simple breakfast smoothie! Fresh fruit and goat milk are a great way to start the day.
- 3 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, diced (3/4 cup)
- 1 medium carrot, diced (1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups Summerhill Goat Milk
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 8 oz. block cheddar cheese, freshly grated, plus more for serving
- Cayenne pepper, for serving (optional)
How to Make It
- In a 4 quart dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and carrots, and saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft.
- Stir in garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute while stirring. Add bay leaf, mustard, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and then gradually whisk in Summerhill Goat Milk until smooth. Add vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add broccoli, reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Turn off heat, discard bay leaf, and gradually stir in cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, topped with extra cheese and cayenne pepper, if desired.