- 6 cups winter squash, cubes
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 Tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus 1 Tablespoon for soup
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cups vegetable stock, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 ½ cups Summerhill Goat Milk
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
How to Make It
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
Coat the winter squash with 3 Tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon of sea salt. Place the coated squash in glass roasting pan and roast 45 minutes. While the squash is roasting, wrap the garlic and 1 Tbs. olive oil in a small piece of tin foil and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
Puree the roasted squash, roasted garlic, and 1 cup vegetable stock in a blender until smooth. Pour mixture into an 8- quart stockpot. Add pepper, remaining vegetable stock, goat milk, fresh thyme, and 1 Tbs. salt. Let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Ladle into soup bowls and serve.